Occasionally, it is possible that you need to modify your mentions in order to make corrections or to adjust them better to your needs. In order to do that, there exist three kinds of mentions editions:
- Tag as spam - delete
Do not forget that the maximum number of mentions that can be edited is of 10.000. If you need more, you can do it in several blocks or asking us for help.
This is about creating a change in the evaluation - whether positive, negative or neutral -, which has the mention with that the tool provides us.
- We select the mention that we want to change - we can select one, some or all of the mentions.
- We click on the button 'Actions' and we choose the option 'Edit'.
- We select the option 'Sentiment'.
- We click on the value that we want to assign to the mention - positive, negative or neutral.
- If we want the RT's, replies (TW) or comments (FB, IG, YT) - of the mention or mentions selected - to be also applied to the change of sentiment, we select the option 'Apply to the answers, comments and retweets of the selected mentions too', then we click on 'Continue' and, finally, we click on 'Continue' again:
Change in the category
This option is useful for deleting or adding categories to one or more mentions:
- Select the mention - or mentions - and click on 'Actions':
- We click on 'Categories'.
- We choose the category or categories that we want to assign to the mention and the option that we want to run - add or delete a category.
- Again, If we want the categorization to also affect to RT's, replies (TW) or comments (FB, IG, YT) - of the mention or mentions selected -, we select the option 'Apply to the answers, comments and retweets of the selected mentions too',
- Finally, we click on 'Continue' and, again, we select 'Continue'.
Creating a new category
Remember that it is possible to manually create categories - directly from this section - in case you have not previously created them in the section of Analysis.
The themes in which you can include this category will be one of the available ones, which appear inside the view that you select in the moment in which you edit the mentions.
Deletion of mentions (to tag as spam)
If we consider that one or several mentions should not be in the monitoring process since they are noise and they are not of interest to us:
- The mention - or mentions - are selected.
- We click on 'Actions'.
- We click on 'Eliminate'.
- If we also want to eliminate the RT's, replies (TW) or comments (FB, IG, YT) of the mention or mentions selected, we click on 'Apply to the answers, comments and retweets of the selected mentions too'.
Keep in mind that the changes that you do are irreversible. Therefore, you will not be able to recover the mentions that you remove.
If you combine it with the Magic Search, you will be able to perform editions of a huge amount of mentions in a rapid way - thanks to the option of selecting all of the mentions.
Remember that the manual edition of mentions does not only allow us to modify the default sentiment and categorization of the mentions, but also helps us to customize the monitoring and adjust it to our immediate needs.